The course is designed to meet the following aims: -
● give learners the opportunity to gain a broad understanding and knowledge of the Hospitality sector
● give learners a more focused understanding of Food and Cookery through a number of units
● give learners the opportunity to develop a range of personal skills and techniques, through the selection of units that are essential for successful performance in working life
● give opportunities for learners to achieve a nationally recognised level 1 or level 2 Hospitality qualifications
● support progression into a more specialised level 3 vocational or academic course or into an apprenticeship
● give full-time learners the opportunity to enter potential employment within a wide range of Hospitality sectors such as hotels, restaurants and industrial.
Preparing to Cook
Exploring Balanced Diets
Plan and Produce Dishes in Response to a Brief
75% (3 units) of your course will be assessed internally. This will take the form of assignments that are issued throughout the units. Assignments will be made up of numerous parts and will have deadlines for your first (formative) assessment, a period of time for you to improve your work, then a deadline date for the final (summative) assessment. The work will be marked by the teacher then a selection will be verified internally and moderated through Edexcel. An appeals procedure for students and staff is in place.
25% of the course (1 unit) will be externally assessed when you will sit an online examination.
In school support
We run an Art Support /Booster sessions on a Tuesday 3.00pm - 4.00pm where students will receive additional help with their work. They can use this time to complete homework or to add to their classwork/exam preparation.
Next external exam is: 1st March 2018
YR11 Wednesday 14th February 2018
12.00pm – 3.00pm Exam support and course work catch-up/improving