The object of Parent Voice is to advance the educational experience of students attending Aylesford School - Sports College.
In furtherance of this object, Parent Voice may:
1. Develop more extended relationships between staff, parents and other external organisations.
2. Engage in activities which support the school and advance the education of the students attending it.
3. Provide and assist in the provision of such facilities or items for education at the school (not provided from statutory funds) as the committee in consultation with the Leadership Group shall from time to time determine.
4. Parent Voice shall be non-party political and non-sectarian.
5. Parent Voice shall ensure that Public Liability and Personal Accident Insurance cover is in place where necessary; to cover meetings, activities, Officers and Committee.
6. Membership shall consist of all parents and/or guardians of school students, past and present and any Staff.
7. Management of Parent Voice shall be vested in a Committee consisting of the following Officers: Chairman, Treasurer, Secretary, together with the other Committee members.
8. The Officers and the Committee shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting and shall serve until commencement of the next Annual General Meeting.
9. Five members of the Committee (including one officer) shall constitute a quorum.
10. The fundraising arm of Parent Voice shall retain the name of PHASE - Parents Helping Aylesford School Enrichment.
11. Funds of Parent Voice shall not be spent otherwise than in accordance with a budget agreed by the Committee or when a written quotation has been seen and accepted by the Committee.
12. Committee meetings shall be held at least once each term.
13. Nominations shall be proposed and seconded by members and should have the consent of the nominee. Nominations may be made at any time prior to the commencement of the Annual General Meeting.
14. Any matter not provided for in the Constitution and concerning Parent Voice and its activities; shall be dealt with by the Committee, whose decision shall be final.
CONSTITUTION ADOPTED …. November 2015
CONSTITUTION TO BE REVIEWED … November 2018