By reading and continuing to use the site you agree to the following conditions of use.
The Aylesford School – Sports College website is a service operated by Aylesford School – Sports College, Teapot Lane, Aylesford, Kent ME20 7JU.
We make every effort to make sure that the information on our website is accurate and up-to-date. If errors are brought to our attention, we will try to correct them. However, we cannot accept responsibility for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused by reliance on inaccurate material contained in this website.
Linking to our site
We welcome and encourage other websites to link to our website. By linking to our website you are deemed to have signed up to these terms and conditions:
- You should not seek to associate Aylesford School – Sports College with your site or any non-school content. Nor should you suggest any endorsement or approval by Aylesford School – Sports College of you, your website or any non-school product or content.
- We do not permit our pages to be loaded into frames on your site. Our pages must load into a user's entire window. Nor should you insert any graphic into, or play audio content over, Aylesford School – Sports College content, nor allow a pop-up to appear simultaneously with Aylesford School – Sports College content.
- We do not permit a website to link to Aylesford School – Sports College if it contains material which is libellous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene, or is in any way a breach of the laws of England and Wales or infringes any third party intellectual property rights.
- If we contact you to remove your links to Aylesford School – Sports College, you must do so immediately.
Links to other sites
Certain links, including hypertext links, in our site will take you outside the website. We will make reasonable efforts to ensure the content available on linked websites is not defamatory or offensive.
Inclusion of any link does not imply our endorsement or approval of the linked website, its operator or its content nor are we responsible for the content of any website or web page outside of our website.
Unless otherwise stated all materials, computer programs, pictures, audio, video, artistic music and literary works featured on our website or viewable by means of the website, and the selection or arrangement thereof, is copyright of Aylesford School – Sports College (Copyright Protected Material). Permission is granted to reproduce Copyright Protected Material in any format or media, provided:
- it is solely used for private or educational use;
- it is reproduced accurately and no changes are made to the material;
- it is not used in a derogatory or misleading context; and
- Aylesford School – Sports College is acknowledged as the owner.
The permission to reproduce the Copyright Protected Material does not extend to:
- copyright works which are identified as being the copyright of a third party;
- audio and/or video conveyed in any webcasts viewable via the Website;
- the school badge of Aylesford School – Sports College; or
- commercial purposes without the express written permission of Aylesford School - Sports College.
Should you require permission for the above, please contact the owner of the site/page (as stated at the bottom of the relevant page) or, in absence of this information, the Web Manager (see below for details).
We endeavour at all times to make our website as accessible as reasonably possible to all users. In no way does Aylesford School – Sports College seek to deliberately discriminate against disabled users to access the website service in accordance with the Disability Discrimination Act 1995.
Collection of information
Cookies and logging of IP addresses may be used to enable Aylesford School – Sports College to monitor site traffic and repeat visitor statistics. The information cannot be used to identify any individual. To read more about cookies and IP addresses please refer to our "Explanation of technical terms" below.
We do not use Google Analytics to track or collect any personally identifiable information of visitors to our site.
We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information.
Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google, or try to link an IP address with the identity of the user.
Use of information
Any and all personal information collected is used only to monitor site usage, respond to enquiries or to carry out the service for which the customer supplied the information.
Where personal data is requested through forms, such data is only used for the purpose stated on the form and will not be given or sold to any third parties.
Retention of information
As a general rule we will not keep information longer than is necessary and while in our possession we will safeguard your personal information according to the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Personal data received as part of an enquiry are only retained as long as the enquiry remains open or for processing to obtain statistical information, in which case the data is anonymised.
Compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998
We will at all times comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Explanation of technical terms
Used to locate and display web pages via a software application. The most popular ones are Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
Message given to a web browser by a web server. The message is then stored by the browser in a text file called 'cookie.txt'. Cookies are used to enable a website to 'remember' whether a user has visited the site before and possibly to store marketing information about previous visits (items bought last time, pages visited etc.).
Cookies are also used to store temporary information as a user moves from page to page within a site (items in a shopping basket etc.). Such cookies are erased when the user session ends.
This information is converted to number format for statistical purposes, and all information relating to the individual is erased when the user session is ended. Users can set their browser not to allow cookies to be stored in their computer. To do this, please follow the instructions provided with your web browser software.
If you are connected to the Internet you have one, for example it may look something like this 220.127.116.11
A user's visit to a site begins when the user first accesses any page on a given site and ends after a visitor has left that site and not revisited it within a specified amount of time (normally 20 minutes) or when the user's browser is closed.
Delivers (serves up) web pages to your computer.
An electronic application form in which the visitor inserts requested information and sends it to the owner of the website using the features available.